Hey there craftin' bloggers!

This is going to be where I'll highlight contests, competitions, and their results! If you enter a card in our contest

I will put it on the website (with full credit to you) unless you would prefer me not to – in which case state that in your e-mail, please.


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Double Dose of Sue

Hi everyone! We get another double dose of Sue today (mainly due to my slacking...sorry, Sue!) Good thing we can never get tired of her work :)

Greetings
With the summer weather finally back it's time to think about sea and sand again...not sweaters and socks! When I looked at this Seahorse stamp it screamed Zentangle at me! (Sometimes my stamps do that) This one is perfect because a lot of the detail is already done..all you have to do is fill in some of the spaces and do a background. The coloured part is the actual stamp and I left the background uncoloured so the Seahorses would be more visible. Some cheesecloth (I love that stuff!) and some starfish stickers were all that was needed. I really like using the vertical greetings from the Class Act Stamps line. They fit into tiny awkward spaces perfectly.
Enjoy the sun as much as you can...the snow seems to last such a long, long time!

Sue



Greetings

A woman's work is never done. I guess a Mermaid's isn't either. Time to wash the barnacles out of your dainties and delicates. This was a real 'brain-burner'..but loads of fun using all sorts of different techniques. The Mermaid was coloured with prisma pencils and OMS then carefully cut out. After the card was made she was popped up on foam dots, stuck on the rock and blinged beyond her wildest imagination. The rock is a piece of gray cardstock torn and crumbled and swiped with a gray ink pad. For the water I used alcohol inks on glossy cardstock then torn towards me to simulate white caps. The sky is sponged using a torn paper towel (rather than a piece of paper). I think it gives a nicer detail to the clouds making them more believable. The birds are tiny check marks using a black marker. Finally a dolphin sticker, pieces of scrap fabric and a starfish were added. Sure hope she gets her laundry finished before it rains!

Stay Cool
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment