Hey there craftin' bloggers!

This is going to be where I'll highlight contests, competitions, and their results! If you enter a card in our contest

I will put it on the website (with full credit to you) unless you would prefer me not to – in which case state that in your e-mail, please.


Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Greetings

Things are finally starting to slow down after a fabulous Dominion Day Celebration. Time to start to relax and enjoy the long hot summer days.

Hand sewing has been my life-long passion (since I was a girl ..which wasn't just yesterday either!) so when I saw this beautiful stamp among the new releases for this month I was chuffed to little mint balls! It has so many opportunities for embellishment that I ran out of time before I ran out of ideas. The main image is stamped in black then the 'stitches' are coloured with pen. The inside is sponged with ink using my favourite tool a make-up applicator. For the stamens on the flowers I used a yellow glaze pen. Black thread was used to stitch the spirelli at the corner and a lace border punch and a decal blade on my cutter added the trim. The greeting is also hand stitched. First pencil the greeting lightly on a piece of white card stock. Using a sewing needle pierce around the pencil lines to form the letters. Sew through the holes with fine black thread then punch and oval and mount using a foam dot. Of course a little touch of bling never hurts.

Enjoy the hot weather...it will be Autumn soon enough!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment